Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: National Park Service
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Experience your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service. Become a part of our mission to unite our past, our cultures and our special places, to establish important connections to the present and build a rich and lasting legacy for future generations.
The Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal Careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed.
This appointment is intended for career (indefinite) interns and expected to last more than one year.
You may select a maximum of 4 duty locations. If you select more than 4 locations, you will not be considered.
What are the Eligibility Requirements? In order to be eligible for an appointment under the Pathways Internship Program:
· You must be a student accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program on at least a half-time basis and in good standing (certificate programs are post-high school programs equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum and the certificate must be a requirement for the position); enrollment must be with an accredited educational institution or state-approved home school including high schools, colleges, universities, technical, trade, vocational, or business schools.
· Educational institutions must be accredited by organizations recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. To verify accreditation, please visit: http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/
· You must be in good academic standing maintaining a 2.0 grade point average on a cumulative basis; and
· The duties of this position should be related to your academic or career goals
YOU MUST SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION OF YOUR STUDENT ENROLLMENT STATUS
Upon completion of requirements for graduation and successful completion of the educational program, the appointee may become eligible for non-competitive conversion, at the agency's discretion, to a term or permanent position in the competitive service within 120 days following successful completion of all their education and work experience requirements. For more information on the Pathways Internship Program, visit http://ww.opm.gov/hiringreform/pathways.
There is NO promotion potential for this position.
This job announcement is open for 90 days. The first cutoff for consideration will be 14 days from the opening date or receipt of 100 applications.
- US Citizenship Required
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- You must be accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in school
- All requirements for the Pathways program must be met by the job offer date