Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating:
1.) Attention to Detail
2.) Customer Service
3.) Oral Communication
4.) Problem Solving; -OR- Meet the education detailed in the qualification standards.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess:
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-12) within the Federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as developing and implementing guidance to protect information technology systems; identifying IT risk and vulnerabilities; and applying customer support principles, concepts and methods to manage projects that impact the delivery of customer support services.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Background or Security Investigation: This is a non-critical sensitive position and requires a Secret clearance. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated based upon information you provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If a determination is made that the work experience described in your submitted resume does not support your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire, your score may be reduced, and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are already a DFAS employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
· Leadership: The ability to direct individuals or groups representing widely divergent backgrounds, interests, and points of view, towards the accomplishment of a common goal.
· Problem Solving: Identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives; and to make recommendations.
· Customer Service: Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations.
· Technical Competence: Use knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on the job experience to perform ones job; work with, understand, and evaluate technical information related to the job; advise others on technical issues.
· Communication: Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.