Find Solutions to Agricultural Problems that Affect Americans Every Day, From Field to Table
This position is in the Northern Plains Area, Center for Grain and Animal Research Center (CGAHR) office, Manhattan, Kansas. In combination with the function of the IT Computer Specialist, it provides computer support to administrative units at CGAHR and the 5 CGAHR research units.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Instructs CGAHR ARS employees on ARS Personal Computer (PC) operations, commercial software (Microsoft Professional Suites, Windows 95/98/2000/XP, Adobe, Versapath 3270/3780, Cisco VPN Client, etc.), and agency developed administrative software/systems.
- Troubleshoots operational problems and works with users to isolate, identify, and document problems.
- Advises users on technical aspects and problems related to ARS-PC hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Reviews manufacturers' specifications and documentation to develop methods or solutions to meet users' requirements.
- Makes necessary arrangements and secures approval to accomplish actions in situations where equipment needs to be ordered, repaired, replaced, modified, and serviced.