The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
The selectee serves as a Supervisory Financial Management Analyst for the United States Naval Academy. The position is located in the Comptroller Department under the Deputy of Finance. The selectee performs or advises on work in the planning and programming phases of the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) system.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform or advise on work in the planning and programming phases of the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) System
- Interpret budgetary policies and practices for the Naval Academy by reviewing Navy strategic documents such as Navy Strategic Plan (NSP), CNO guidance, and the Navy Vision Document
- Analyze costs and benefits of alternate methods of financial management of organizations programs and administrative operations
- Review and evaluate budget requests, control, and reporting of obligations and expenditures for cost centers
- Assist others in interpreting financial policies and regulations by using knowledge of budgetary principles and standards