Ever wonder who discovers a black hole? Who tracks monarch butterfly flight patterns or hosts a conference for robots? Believe it or not, the National Science Foundation helps to make all of these things possible! In addition to funding research in traditional academic areas, the agency supports innovative ideas, novel collaborations and numerous projects that may seem like science fiction today, but become the reality of tomorrow.
This internship opportunity allows students to see how both the federal government and NSF operate. Together, we ensure that the daily operations at NSF run smoothly and serve the needs of the science, engineering and education communities to produce results. Join us today! Positions under this vacancy announcement will be filled under the Internship component of the Pathways Programs hiring authority:
About Winter Employment at NSF:
- Veteran’s preference rules will be applied in filling these positions.
- When you apply for a winter position, you are not applying for one specific position.
- This vacancy announcement will be used to select multiple students to work at the National Science Foundation.
- Eligible students must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited academic institution and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- To be considered for other Intern positions at NSF, you must reapply each time a new announcement is posted.
- Winter appointments are temporary positions not to exceed 30 days.
- Interns will be required to sign a Pathways Programs Participant Agreement prior to appointment.
Our Student Trainees (Administrative) are clerical positions. They provide support to National Science Foundation scientists and administrators who promote and fund the best possible awards through grants. These positions can be your first step into a fulfilling career at NSF. As a Student Trainee (Administrative) you will:
- Type a variety of documents
- Enter data
- Sort and distribute mail
- Maintain files
- Assist office visitors and caller