Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan, - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
You Can Make a Difference!
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Find your mile-high magic in Golden, Colorado - a mountain-side city/suburb in the Denver Metro area. Four fantastic seasons of professional football, baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer teams. Outdoor activities abound - world class winter snow-skiing, superb hiking and mountain biking trails, PGA grade golf courses. Class and culture keep a never-ending variety of entertainment nearby. Easy access to military bases, national and international airline services, nationally recognized universities - all here nestled next to the Rocky Mountains right outside your workplace windows.
Location: This position is within the VA Office of Acquisition and Logistics, Denver Acquisition and Logistics Center in Golden, CO.
This position is also being announced under VY-14-981054-MP to status candidates. Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply under both announcements.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities, i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities, and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
The Supply Technician in this position will control and coordinate the ordering, purchasing, dispensing, and inventory management of stock items, supplies and services required by the Denver Acquisition and Logistics Center. Specifically, the Supply Technician will:
- Establish and maintain accounting records for the control and maintenance of adequate stock levels to ensure availability of supplies
- Analyze usage patterns of inventories items, determine replenishment levels, and adjust stock level to ensure to the extent possible that over-stock or out-of-stock situations are avoided
- Review requests for new items and determine the appropriate source for replenishment of stock
- Determine and report estimated annual usage requirements, and create recurring reports as needed
- Answer inquiries regarding procedures, deliveries, information about line items, policies, regulations, and contract provisions.
View Assessment Questions