Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the VA Office of Acquisition and Logistics, Denver Acquisition and Logistics Center in Golden, CO.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees in the local commuting area (within 50 miles) with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
- ICTAP/CTAP eligibles
- Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
- Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
- Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
- Transfer or reinstatement eligibles in the local commuting area (within 50 miles) that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
- Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA) allows appointments of eligible veterans up to the GS-11 level
Note: This position is also being announced under VY-14-MA-981067-DEU to all U.S. citizens. Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply under both announcements.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
The Supply Technician in this position will control and coordinate the ordering, purchasing, dispensing, and inventory management of stock items, supplies and services required by the Denver Acquisition and Logistics Center. Specifically, the Supply Technician will:
- Establish and maintain accounting records for the control and maintenance of adequate stock levels to ensure availability of supplies
- Analyze usage patterns of inventories items, determine replenishment levels, and adjust stock level to ensure to the extent possible that over-stock or out-of-stock situations are avoided
- Review requests for new items and determine the appropriate source for replenishment of stock
- Determine and report estimated annual usage requirements, and create recurring reports as needed
- Answer inquiries regarding procedures, deliveries, information about line items, policies, regulations, and contract provisions
View Assessment Questions