Basic Qualifications: You must possess an expert knowledge of the theories, principles, and practices in a field of engineering or physical science as evidenced by a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Specialized Experience: You must also have at least seven to ten years of specialized experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g., graduate degree), that demonstrates extensive knowledge of, and experience as a recognized expert in, in the principles, theories, and practices in the field of seismology/geophysical engineering, including state-of-the-art technological issues, problems, and potential solutions and knowledge of nuclear technology. At least one year of this experience should normally be comparable in complexity and responsibility to the kind of work normally assigned at the GG-15 level in the Federal government or equivalent.
Candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria. Your resume should include examples that are clear, concise, and emphasize your level of responsibilities, the scope and complexity of the programs, activities, cases, or services involved; policy initiatives undertaken; level of contacts; the sensitivity and criticality of the issues you addressed; and the results of your actions. In addition to your resume, you may use the available space provided to supply additional information regarding your qualifications for this position. The ideal candidate for this position possesses:
1. Demonstrated extensive knowledge of, and experience as a recognized expert, in the theories, principles, and practices in field of seismology/geophysical engineering, including state-of-the-art technological issues, problems, and potential solutions.
2. Demonstrated ability to independently identify requirements for advanced technical research, analysis, or evaluation activities in the area of seismology/earth science/geophysical engineering.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of nuclear technology.
4. Demonstrated advanced oral and written communication skills, and experience effectively conveying and presenting complex information of a technical and/or policy nature to colleagues, peers, senior management officials, or representatives of other institutions, agencies, or organizations, including international organizations.
5. Demonstrated ability to function as an organizational representative and liaison on substantive technical and policy issues and to achieve cooperation and consensus among parties engaged in joint or parallel efforts.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
After the closing date listed on the vacancy announcement, your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the job requirements. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to any vacancy questions to determine your level of knowledge, skill and ability related to the job requirements. If you are among the top candidates for this position, your application will be referred to the hiring manager. Your resume is of key importance for evaluating your knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to submit a thorough resume that directly relates to the duties and qualifications of this position.
To preview questions please click here.