The Director, Office of Training and Development:
· Exercises executive direction and management of all operational training and professional development curricula and programs for ICE operational personnel. Directs staff in the management and development of training for a highly professionalized workforce. Ensures training execution is consistent with the ICE Strategic Plan and future direction of the agency. Ensures that training policy and strategy meet the needs of ICE's diverse workforce and other training partnerships.
· Consults with the ICE Program Office Directors to ensure training, planning and execution meet the needs of Program Offices and ICE operational priorities. Consults with foreign dignitaries and officials of state and local governments to identify training priorities based on changing work demands and the evolution of the ICE Strategic Plan. Directs the development of all training tracks for all ICE law enforcement occupations including basic, advanced and specialized operational training and professional development training.· Develops and maintains organizational excellence standards for quality in the delivery and development of training in ICE training facilities in Atlantic City, New Jersey; Brunswick, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; and Artesia, New Mexico. Develops long-range projections and goals that meet the needs of ICE and adhere to general guidelines established by the Department of Homeland Security and controlling rules and regulations established by the Office of Personnel Management.
· Establishes relationships with other agencies, learning institutions and professional societies. Represents the interests of ICE with foreign governments seeking training from ICE on law enforcement matters and coordinates the execution of same. Represents the agency's views on training-related matters to include curriculum development, methodologies and technologies.
· Responsible for successful execution of the training mission within ICE and assures that ICE is a learning organization. Maintains standards for objective evaluation of quality, successful knowledge management, timeliness and consistency in the training provided in ICE Academy settings and in the field. Administers, develops and improves upon existing systems that capture and analyze the results of training activities. Responsible for ensuring excellent impact and effectiveness for return on agency resource investment.
· Administers agency-wide investment of training funds allocated to training processes. Manages resource allocation to ensure limited training resources are employed to maximize return on agency investment. Assesses use of resources in light of law enforcement priorities of the Department of Homeland Security, the ICE Strategic Plan and congressional mandate. Prepares agency-wide budget requests for funding.
· Directs and manages personnel within the OTD, the ICE Academy and the Leadership Development Center. Establishes performance measures and evaluates direct reports and approves evaluations of staff performance. Shares evaluation input for training personnel throughout ICE within other Program Offices. Exercises final authority for the full range of personnel actions and organization design proposals recommended by direct reports. Responsible for assuring that equal employment and merit systems protections are understood and are implemented in OTD.
As a member of the agency's executive team, you will implement the President's Management Agenda within your specific area of responsibility. For an overview of the diverse responsibilities ICE carries out within the Government, visit our website at http://www.ice.gov/.