Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov.
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/.
*THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED FROM 11/06/2013.
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-LC-13-63 for status applicants. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
This is an interdisciplinary position. Position may be filled by an Electrical Engineer, GS-0850; or an Electronics Engineer, GS-0855.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as an Electrical/Electronics Engineer. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential! You can progress from $35K to $68K in 5 years! Year 1, $35K (GS-5); Year 2, $44K (GS-7); Year 3, $54K (GS-9); Year 4, $58K (GS-11); and Year 5, $68K (GS-12). Promotions to the next grade/salary level are neither guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation.
LOCATION: Lower Colorado Region, Lower Colorado Dams Office, Engineering Office, SCADA Services Group, Hoover Dam, Boulder City, NV. Boulder City is a short drive from the Las Vegas Metropolitan area. For living conditions visit:
Boulder City, NV: http://www.bcnv.org.
Henderson, NV: http://www.hendersonchamber.com.
Las Vegas, NV: http://www.lvchamber.com.
Relocation expenses are authorized with the exception of the Guaranteed Home Sale Provision. First-post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointments or reinstatement eligibles.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Assists with maintenance of computer systems by troubleshooting problems and suggesting modified designs.
- Assists with developing conceptual designs for new construction of SCADA systems and plant modernization systems at Hoover, Davis, and Parker Dams.
- May program and modify design and control logic of various systems controlled by PLCs under the guidance of a higher graded engineer or supervisor.
- Completes limited engineering studies, designs, and specifications as assigned.
- May assist with or provide limited engineering analysis and recommendations for maintenance and repair of plant systems including digital and rotating excitation systems, multi-functional protective relay systems, digital governor systems, etc.