Take your career to the next level at the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a diverse federal agency that delivers the best value in real estate, acquisition, and technology services to government and the American people. We manage approximately 350 million square feet of buildings and work spaces, and a third of the federal government's fleet of vehicles, with a focus on efficiency and sustainability. A vast amount of goods and services flow through our schedules program, credit cards, travel services, and more. With employment opportunities as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
As a Program Analyst, you will be responsible for providing analysis of a variety of subject matter relating to the Small Business Acquisition Division program activities. Position Location: Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Office of Integrated Technology Service, Office of Strategic Programs, Center for Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWAC) Center Programs, Small Business Acquisition Division (QTGAD), Kansas City, MO.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
At this time we are only filling one vacancy, however additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed.
This position is being announced under the Pathways Recent Graduates Program. This program affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government. The program lasts for 1 year (unless the training requirements of the position warrant a longer and more structured training program). Additional information about the Recent Graduates Program can be found at http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways/program/graduates/
As a Program Analyst in the Small Business Acquisition Division, you will be responsible for the following:
- Serving as an analyst to management evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWAC) Center programs
- Conducting studies and performing data gathering efforts to assist in business case analysis and preparation
- Applying quantitative and qualitative techniques to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of GWAC operations and programs
- Preparing and delivering briefings to management and/or senior staff employee(s) on study findings and recommendations
- Preparing a variety of project/study papers, written recommendations, and/or reports