Take your career to the next level at the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a diverse federal agency that delivers the best value in real estate, acquisition, and technology services to government and the American people. We manage approximately 350 million square feet of buildings and work spaces, and a third of the federal government's fleet of vehicles, with a focus on efficiency and sustainability. A vast amount of goods and services flow through our schedules program, credit cards, travel services, and more. With employment opportunities as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
If you previously applied under Announcement 1308034DYMP you will be considered under this announcement without having to reapply.
As a Lead Realty Specialist you will perform the full range of acquisition, management and contract oversight work for major, complex realty transactions. As a warranted Contracting Officer authorized to execute lease contracts on behalf of the U.S. Government, is responsible to take the required on-going training to maintain their warrant.
These positions will be assigned to Service Centers within the Public Buildings Service, Rocky Mountain Region (RMR) at the Denver Federal Center in Lakewood, CO.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
In this role, the incumbent functions as an advisor to program officials and participates with local management officials in formulating decisions. As technical authority, the incumbent:
- Acts as a troubleshooter for heads of services and other key management officials on a diverse range of issues, projects or concerns requiring an overview of the realty program. Resolves significantly controversial and/or otherwise highly sensitive situations;
- Acts as an organizational mentor and teacher and advises other real estate associates on best practices and approaches. Independently plans and directs a team from all disciplines in the completion of a project to satisfy the customer agency's space requirements.
- Acquires and manages space and conducts/manages necessary interactions with real estate industry professionals to develop, oversee and/or execute complex realty projects and diverse customer workplace needs, incorporating creative approaches to execute solutions to varied customer business and workspace needs.
- Ensures the technical soundness of broker processes and decisions through the review, oversight and management of broker-handled realty projects, including assessment of broker performance to ensure services provided meet contract specifications as well as customer business and workplace needs.
- Provides team with expert technical advice on the full range of realty acquisition issues. Coaches the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques and strategies; provides advice on work methods; practices and procedures; and assists the team members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.