Job Title:Lead Realty Specialist, GS-1170-13 (MP)
Department:General Services Administration
Agency:Public Buildings Service
Job Announcement Number:1408002DYMP
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, October 23, 2013 to
Tuesday, October 29, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Lakewood, CO View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|GSA employees serving on career, career-conditional, or noncompetitive special appointing authority providing for a permanent position. Employees serving on Schedule B or C, or Term Appointments are generally not eligible to apply.|
Take your career to the next level at the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a diverse federal agency that delivers the best value in real estate, acquisition, and technology services to government and the American people. We manage approximately 350 million square feet of buildings and work spaces, and a third of the federal government's fleet of vehicles, with a focus on efficiency and sustainability. A vast amount of goods and services flow through our schedules program, credit cards, travel services, and more. With employment opportunities as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
If you previously applied under Announcement 1308034DYMP you will be considered under this announcement without having to reapply.
As a Lead Realty Specialist you will perform the full range of acquisition, management and contract oversight work for major, complex realty transactions. As a warranted Contracting Officer authorized to execute lease contracts on behalf of the U.S. Government, is responsible to take the required on-going training to maintain their warrant.
These positions will be assigned to Service Centers within the Public Buildings Service, Rocky Mountain Region (RMR) at the Denver Federal Center in Lakewood, CO.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
- Apply online (See How to Apply section.)
- Meet time-in-grade requirements within 30 days of closing date.
- U.S. Citizenship or National
DUTIES:Back to top
In this role, the incumbent functions as an advisor to program officials and participates with local management officials in formulating decisions. As technical authority, the incumbent:
- Acts as a troubleshooter for heads of services and other key management officials on a diverse range of issues, projects or concerns requiring an overview of the realty program. Resolves significantly controversial and/or otherwise highly sensitive situations;
- Acts as an organizational mentor and teacher and advises other real estate associates on best practices and approaches. Independently plans and directs a team from all disciplines in the completion of a project to satisfy the customer agency's space requirements.
- Acquires and manages space and conducts/manages necessary interactions with real estate industry professionals to develop, oversee and/or execute complex realty projects and diverse customer workplace needs, incorporating creative approaches to execute solutions to varied customer business and workspace needs.
- Ensures the technical soundness of broker processes and decisions through the review, oversight and management of broker-handled realty projects, including assessment of broker performance to ensure services provided meet contract specifications as well as customer business and workplace needs.
- Provides team with expert technical advice on the full range of realty acquisition issues. Coaches the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques and strategies; provides advice on work methods; practices and procedures; and assists the team members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
The GS-13 salary range starts at $87,815 per year, if you meet the following qualifications.
Applicants must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. Applicants must demonstrate, in their resume and responses to the vacancy questions that they meet the qualification requirements described below.
To qualify, you must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the federal service. Specialized experience is providing technical advice and guidance on complex realty transactions including site acquisition, out-leasing, leasing, and realty activities; analyzing and evaluating realty contracting issues and making recommendations and providing input for the development of contracting policies and procedures for a realty program; planning, coordinating, and managing complex lease construction projects and negotiating lease terms for lease acquisition projects.
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Undergo a background security investigation and receive a favorable adjudication.
- Complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, and obtain approval that no conflict or an appearance of conflict exists between your financial interest and this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you are found qualified for the position, your responses to the self-assessment vacancy questions will be used to assign a numerical score. If your responses to the vacancy questions are not supported by your resume then your score may be adjusted lower by the Human Resources Specialist. Scores are not augmented by Veteran's preference points for this type of announcement (Merit Promotion). You will be evaluated on the vacancy related questions that were designed to assess your overall possession of the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost, price and financial analysis;
- Expertise in the commercial real estate and property management arena;
- Leadership, organizational and analytical skills;
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry accepted real estate principles, concepts and practices, and current market conditions;
- Expert knowledge of government real estate practices, procedures and guidelines;
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and establish customer loyalty and retention;
- Ability to plan, schedule, and balance all technical aspects of multiple complex projects;
- Advanced negotiating skills along with the ability to communicate both in person and in writing;
- Comprehensive knowledge of GSA’s pricing policy and fee structure, GSA’s procurement policy, regulations and procedures, and applicable Federal statutes and Executive Orders with regard to real estate acquisition and contracting;
- Ability to use expert judgment and skill to perform extensive project coordination;
- Comprehensive knowledge of OMB guidelines concerning lease scoring and issues surrounding capital lease vs. operating leases;
- Knowledge of Occupancy Agreements, pricing policy and regulations; and
- Comprehensive knowledge of the FMR, FAR, and GSAM as it relates to Government lease acquisitions.
A variety of assessments/assessment tools may be used to evaluate candidates for specific vacancies covered by this announcement. Candidates will be notified when further assessments are implemented and provided with instructions on how to access and complete the assessment(s). Be sure to APPLY EARLY as most assessments must be completed fully and submitted before the announcement closing.
If you are a GSA Career Transition Assistance eligible, you must be considered well qualified (minimum score of 85) to receive priority consideration, CTAP To preview questions please click here.
BENEFITS:Back to top
GSA offers a comprehensive benefits package. To explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees, see Benefits
Bargaining Unit status: NONE
Travel expenses for interviews may be authorized. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed. This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete online application including any required documents prior to 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of the Announcement. Errors or omissions may result in your not being considered for this vacancy. A description of the online process is provided below. For more information on applying for a GSA vacancy, please visit Applying for a GSA Job
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. Once you have completed this step, select "Apply for this Position Now!"
- Complete your personal information within GSAjobs. Once you’ve been redirected to GSA’s automated system, follow the prompts to create, review, or update your personal information. This information is used to determine your eligibility to apply for this position so be sure that it is up to date.
- Respond to all of the vacancy specific questions.
- Submit any required documents. A "Vacancy Documents" page is automatically displayed by the GSAjobs system. Review the Required Documents section of this announcement to determine which apply to you. You may choose one of the following options to submit your document(s): Upload; USAJOBS, or FAX. We strongly recommend you read the "Fax Instructions" provided on the Document Manager page prior to printing the Fax Cover Sheet and faxing your information.
- Respond to any Additional Assessment Questions. If you are presented with additional assessment questions, be sure to respond to them or you may not be considered.
- Click the "FINISH' button. Finally, you'll receive an Application Review Page which allows you to review the information that will be submitted. You can save a copy of your application by selecting the 'Save PDF' button. Then, YOU MUST CLICK THE 'FINISH' BUTTON to complete and submit your application.
Note: If you cannot complete any part of the application process listed above, contact the Human Resources Office/representative listed on the announcement prior to the announcement deadline for instructions on how to proceed. Be sure to receive prior HR approval to deviate from these instructions so that your application will be considered.
Please review the following to determine which documents you must submit in order to complete your application: CTAP
Eligible: Submit proof of eligibility including agency notice; SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action (or similar agency form); and most recent performance rating. GSA OIG Employees:
GSA Office of Inspector General (OIG) employees submit your latest non-award SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, indicating current position title, series, grade, and tenure group.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If your application is complete, we will review your application to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will further evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies required of the position. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability and/or security background investigation. A final job offer for this position is typically made within 40 days after the deadline for applications.
Thank you for your interest in working for U.S. General Services Administration!