Relocation Expenses: Not Paid - Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the employee.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Occasional Travel required
· Bargaining Unit Position
· Position covered under P.L. 101-630
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE, & REQUIREMENTS:
· IF you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire (you will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints). Also, a security questionnaire must be completed before or on the date of hire. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. IF you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. IF you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
· Before hiring can be made final, selectee will be required to complete a Declaration of Federal Employment Optional Form 306 to determine your suitability for Federal Employment, and to certify the accuracy of all the information in your application. Persons making false statements in any part of the application may not be hired; or fired after employment starts; or may be fined.
· Before hiring can be made final, selectee will also be required to complete an Addendum to the Declaration of Federal Employment Optional Form 306. Under P.L. 101-630 Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act, persons who have been arrested for or charged with a crime involving a child, or violent crime against a person, may not be eligible for employment with IHS.
· The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
· Selectee will be required to be immunized against Measles and Rubella and provide documentation prior to or at the time of their start date. Special consideration may be allowed to individuals who are allergic to a component of the vaccine or are currently pregnant. Selectee must have documented immunity to Rubella and Measles.
· Males over the age of 18, and born after December 31, 1959, are required to be registered with the Selective Service System (or have an exemption) in order to be eligible for employment with the Federal Government.
· Selectee(s) are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
· The incumbent may be required to travel and must possess a valid drivers license.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Verification of Indian Preference: Applicants who wish to receive Indian Preference MUST submit the BIA Form 4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in BIA and IHS Only. This certifies the applicant an Indian as defined by the Indian Health Manual Chapter 7, Part 3. Indian Preference will not be given unless a proper BIA Form 4432 is attached to the application/resume.
All information provided by the candidate will be verified, reference checks will be conducted from current and past supervisors on the tentative selectee.
The law prohibits public officials from appointing, promoting, or recommending their relatives.
Federal annuitants (military and civilian) may have their salaries reduced. All employees must pay any valid delinquent debt or the agency may garnish their salary.
Candidates must meet qualification requirements, licensure requirements (if applicable), performance requirements, citizenship and suitability requirements, and any other eligibility requirements before appointment.
After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position.
The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free