The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal and Urban operated facilities and programs.
For information on the IHS visit IHS.GOV
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is also being announced under Announcement # IHS-14-BI-981203-ESEP/MP for those who want to be considered under Merit Promotion Plan/Excepted Service Examining Plan. If you wish to be considered all hiring plans you must submit an application to both job opportunity announcements.
This position is located with the Billings Area Indian Health Service, Crow Service Unit, Lodge Grass Health Center, Lodge Grass, Montana.
See http://www.ihs.gov/jobsatihs/ for more details.
· Prescribing Psychotropic medications, provides consultation services for psychotropic medications.
· Provide clinical and preventative services to children and families in coordination with local agencies and schools, including individual and group psychotherapy, mental health status evaluations, crisis intervention, suicide assessments, psychological testing, and consultation with a multi-disciplinary treatment staff.
· Coordination of services with providers, agencies, families and individuals.
· Develops effective case management services for child abuse, suicide, family violence, chemical dependency and chronically mentally ill clients.
· Collaborates with tribal and IHS chemical dependency programs, BIA Social Services, Tribal Court and community mental health center programs to develop comprehensive services and provide continuity of patient care.