The Psychologist duties include:
* Evaluating and diagnosing mental disorders and conduct psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments.
* Treating general mental health conditions (e.g. mood, anxiety, serious mental illness, substance use, etc.) through a variety of evidence-based modalities, including but not limited to cognitive-behavioral interventions.
* Consulting with Hospital staff on a wide variety of patient care issues.
* Responsibility for timely completion of all clinical charting and documentation required by the Hospital
* Participation in the development, implementation, and quality assessment of new interventions to treat psychiatric disorders.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The work of the psychologist is largely office based and in a sedentary setting. No manual labor is required above ordinary situations. Incumbent must be capable of using a computer given that all clinical charting is electronic.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normal safety precautions while working in an office/clinic type environment, which is well lighted, clean and does not present hazards to personal safety. There may be occasional risk of physical harm, which requires special precautions and training which will include PMDB (Prevention and Management of Disturbed Behavior). The incumbent may be exposed to infectious diseases and medical/psychiatric emergencies, While not anticipated, the incumbent could be required to assume an irregular tour of duty, which could include on-call coverage, evening, or weekend hours, in response to clinical needs.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm. May include occasional evening and/or weekends.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
If you have qualifying education debt you may be eligible to apply for the Federal Education Debt
Reduction Program upon permanent appointment based on availability of funds.