Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 979213
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidate's education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
PLEASE READ THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CAREFULLY AND IN ITS ENTIRETY TO ENSURE THAT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (SEE CHECKLIST) ARE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT A COMPLETE APPLICATON PACKAGE WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF CONSIDERATIONAPPLICANTS MUST MEET ALL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS AS STATED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT BY THE CLOSING DATE TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION.
Relocation expenses and/or incentives are not authorized.
Murfreesboro offers affordable living with picturesque seasons and an abundance of recreational and entertainment activities. Murfreesboro is home to several historical landmarks including Cannonsburgh Village and Stones River National Battle Field. It is also located close to Nashville, better known as 'Music City USA,' the capital of Tennessee, and home of the Tennessee Titans NFL and Nashville Predators NHL teams. Tennessee does not have a state income tax.The Evidence-Based Psychotherapy (EBP) for Posttraumatic Stress Disorders Psychologist/Telemental Health Provider will be located in the Mental Health Care Line Posttraumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD) program at the Alvin C. York Campus, Murfreesboro, TN. The incumbent will report to the Chief of Psychology.
The Evidence-Based Psychotherapy (EBP) for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Provider is a licensed, independent psychologist whose primary function is the delivery of Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) and/or Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE). Fifty percent (50%) of the clinical duties will be via telemental health modalities, such as clinical video teleconferencing (CVT). The incumbent should have completed or will complete competency-based training in CPT or PE. He/she needs to be familiar with or will learn how to deliver CPT or PE through telemental health modalities. He/she will participate in national program evaluation procedures designed to assess clinical impact, patient satisfaction, and other aspects associated with the delivery of evidence-based psychotherapy for PTSD through telemental health modalities coordinated by the Office of Mental Health Services in VA Central Office as part of the national Evidence-Based Psychotherapy for PTSD telemental Health Initiative. Incumbent will:
Diagnose mental disorders, particularly PTSD, and conduct psychological and/or cognitive function assessments and neuropsychological screenings.
Treat mental disorders through a variety of modalities, particularly PTSD, and provide adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders.
Deliver Cognitive Processing Therapy and/or Prolonged Exposure Therapy through telemental health modalities as a primary function, and provide a range of other established psychotherapeutic interventions through telemental health modalities, when needed and clinically appropriate.
Perform evaluations for psychodiagnosis, treatment planning and functional evaluations, particularly for PTSD.
Provide a full range of therapeutic interventions including individual and group psychotherapy, family therapy, consultation, rehabilitation, and psychoeducation.
Consult with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues. Staff clinical psychologists may be involved in program evaluation and/or research activities.
Provide training and clinical supervision to psychology trainees, psychology technicians, and unlicensed psychologists.
Be involved in Psychology Training Program and Training Committee
Provide leadership guidance and consultation to staffs of units to which assigned.
Serve as a consultant to other medical center staff and trainees and assist in their formulation of the psychological characteristics and appropriate treatment expectations regarding their patients.
Possibly hold a faculty appointment at affiliated university.
- Create, monitor, and analyze program monitors and outcome measurements within programs assigned using data-driven quality assurance processes, as assigned.
- Be responsible for timely completion of all clinical charting and documentation required by the Medical Center or healthcare system, as appropriate.
- Plan and oversee the completion of personal research programs, designed to provide information regarding program planning and relevant treatment approaches, as applicable.
- Present outcome data and research results at VA and regional or national scientific or professional meetings, if applicable.
- Assist in preparation of Request for Proposals (RFPs), and grant proposals, as assigned.
- Have contact on a regular and recurring basis with individuals representing widely divergent backgrounds, interests, and points of view.
- Serve on Medical Center, Veterans Integrated Systems Network, and National VA committees as required or recommended.
- Assure the needs and rights of patients and other customers are met while also supporting VA missions.
- Represent the Medical Center at professional community group/events and committees, in conferences/meetings with high ranking managers, supervisors, and staff from other disciplines or work units, and/or with representatives of local public interest groups, congressional district offices, and employees of State and local governments.