All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Basic Qualifications: Candidate must possess a J.D. or LL.B. degree and be an active member of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Minimum Qualification Requirements: In addition to the Basic Qualifications, candidate must have at least have four years post J.D. experience as a practicing attorney, three years of which include applying knowledge and experience in interpreting Federal securities laws and conducting investigations and enforcement activities under the Federal securities Acts relating to the anti-fraud, anti-manipulative, and other provisions of the Acts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Your qualifications will be further evaluated based upon the following KSAs. Your resume and application package will be used to evaluate your qualifications for this position. Accordingly, KSA narratives are not required. Failure to demonstrate your qualifications may result in being considered not highly qualified for the position.
· Leading Change/Achieving Results
· Management Experience
· Building Coalitions/Communications
· Knowledge of and skill conducting complex investigations
· Knowledge of securities litigation as it relates to civil actions and/or administrative proceedings
· Knowledge of and exposure to the operations and/or the examination of broker-dealers, transfer agents, investment advisers and investment companies
· Knowledge and understanding of the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Investment Company Act of 1940, and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940
· Ability to analyze complex problems and devise innovative solutions
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc.
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. The full performance level of this position is SO-02.
5. This appointment may require completion of a trial period up to two years.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses may be authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
9. This position is not in the bargaining unit.
Information for Veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Once the announcement closes, your application will be automatically evaluated and rated by the system and a Human Resources Specialist. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your application and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of this position. If, after the Human Resources Specialist reviews your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that the score you have received is not a true reflection of your qualifications and/or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect the information you provided that support your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.