Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Physical Scientist. You can make a difference by applying skills and knowledge in the area of data information consulting, computer programming, and data management services utilizing the latest GIS and Microsoft technologies for Windows and Web solutions in order to support Reclamation projects and programs.
Would you enjoy designing, developing and implementing we applications and databases? Responsibilities include selecting specific approaches and methods of attacking or resolving technical assignments and problems in connection with activities in science and engineering which provide information consulting, computer programming and data management to personnel throughout Reclamation.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Emergency Management and GIS Group, Denver, CO.
Relocation expenses are authorized (or not authorized for this position) with the exception of the Guaranteed Home Sale Provision. First-post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointments or reinstatement appointments.
- Provides database design, web application development, computer programming, and data management consulting services for Reclamation projects and programs.
- Utilizes Geographic Information System (GIS) software to digitize point, line, and polygon features from cartographic materials to create multiple data themes for a study area. Additionally, utilizes GIS analytical capabilities to create new information themes by combining independently entered themes by polygon overlay, buffer overlay, or other technique. Custom products are generated to meet clients’ needs.
- Performs computer programming to enhance existing applications software or to create new modules where the existing software library cannot meet project requirements.
- Conducts formal analyses and studies of prospective information management issues and problems.
- Participates in prescribed activities to develop a working knowledge in the area of field and lab processes, the effects of natural resource processes on Reclamation facilities and equipment, and the nature of Reclamation’s mission.
- Prepares project management plans, scopes of work, project cost estimates, assessments and narrative recommendations for concept and/or decision documentation, project documentation and related materials.
- Prepares written technical documentation needed for database design and implementation, web applications, computer programming, and data management activities.