ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the Basic Education Qualification Requirements, applicants must have additional specialized experience as defined below:
GS-12 - 1 year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to at least the GS-11 level in Federal service.
DEFINITION OF SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: To meet specialized experience, your resume must describe experience that demonstrates the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities as follows:
GS-12: Specialized experience includes experience in managing multiple projects of varying complexity with competing priorities and deadlines in order to extract, transform, load and process data from various relational and non-relational sources into database systems using common computer software such as spreadsheets, databases and word processing programs. Having the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with functional specialists in order to interpret and evaluate project data results and draw conclusions on data validity, usability and legal defensibility.
Examples of specialized experience include work experience with at least four of the following seven tasks:
1. Development, programming, installing, configuring, testing and maintaining applications, tools, and/or utilities such as: Microsoft Access databases, SQL Server databases, Oracle databases, Microsoft Sharepoint.
2. Database administration on large and complex systems including: logical and physical design of databases; development of integrity and access controls, stored procedures, and versioning of databases.
3. Marked proficiency in programming languages and tools such as: Visual Basic .NET, C, C++, C#, Java, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL Server T/SQL, PERL, Python, PHP, etc.
4. Performance of data maintenance including change of systems, platforms, conversions, upgrades.
5. Development of database driven web based interfaces using ASP .Net.
6. Proficient in performing web based application or service development functions such as: User requirements assessment and documentation, process flow diagramming, prototype development, and user acceptance testing.
This position has a mandatory education requirement; you MUST furnish a copy of your transcript of college work completed (unofficial copy is acceptable). Transcripts must include the name of the college or university and date the degree was conferred. Non-submission will result in you being rated not qualified for the position. An official copy will be required pre-employment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must first meet the Basic Education Qualification Requirements for either the Civil Engineer or the Physical Scientist listed below:
PHYSICAL SCIENTIST: GS-1301:
A. Degree: physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics.
B. Combination of education and experience -- education equivalent to one of the majors shown in A above that included at least 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Foreign Education: To receive credit for education completed outside the United States, applicants must show proof that the education has been submitted to a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and such education has been deemed at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Category rating and selection procedures will be used for evaluating this position. If you meet the basic qualification requirements, your on-line responses to the vacancy assessment questionnaire will be used to determine the quality and extent of your experience, education, training, etc., for placement in one of the following categories: 1) Best Qualified, 2) Well Qualified and 3) Qualified. Qualified candidates will be assigned a numerical score on a scale of 70-100 and Veterans with preference will be placed at the top of their respective category. The assessment questionnaire will take you approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Applicants will be further evaluated on the following "Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)” through your resume and responses to the online questions.
1. Knowledge of, and skill in applying, advanced theories, concepts, and principles practiced in web based application and interfaces using ASP .Net.
2. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with technical specialists and communicate orally and in writing, in order to coordinate work, exchange information, extract, transform, load, process and maintain project data and draw conclusions on data validity, usability and defensibility.
3. Proficient skill in the use of programming languages and tools such as: Visual Basic .NET, C, C++, C#, Java, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL Server T/SQL, PERL, Python, PHP, etc.
Applicant’s answers to questions will be verified against information provided in their online resume. Be sure that the resume clearly supports the responses to all the questions by addressing experience, education and/or training relevant to this position.
Applicants must make a fair and accurate assessment of their qualifications. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is apparent in your description of experience, competencies, skills, and/or education/training OR that your resume/application is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible or your score may be lowered.
To preview questions please click here.