Specialized experience: To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS-11). Specialized experience is defined as: Experience applying environmental procedures, concepts and practices to monitor and evaluate the operating contractor's Environmental Protection Program for compliance to contract requirements, agency regulations, and federal state and local environmental laws. Applying expert knowledge of Hazardous Material Management Systems, as well as hazardous waste policies, regulations and broad knowledge of health and safety related to hazardous materials.
Please refer to the OPM Qualification Standards for specific Education/Experience requirements for this position located at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/index-Standards.asp
· The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management's basic qualification requirements, and the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement. Resumes are rated using Category Rating procedures. If you meet the minimum qualification requirements, based on your possession of job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities your resume will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
· This is a Defense Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level II within 24 months of entrance on duty.
· You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
· One year trial/probationary period may be required.
· Must comply with Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
· Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.