To be considered for the position, you must meet the following qualification requirements:
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
LL.M., if related.
NOTE: If you are using education to qualify, you MUST provide transcripts to receive consideration. Transcripts MUST be received by the Consolidated Staffing Unit by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
For information regarding foreign education requirements, please see Foreign Diploma and Credit Recognition at the U.S. Department of Education website: Recognition of Foreign Qualifications
You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade level in federal service. To be creditable, this experience must have equipped the applicant with the particular qualifications to successfully perform the duties of the position, and must typically be in or related to the position to be filled.
Some examples of this qualifying experience are:
- Experience working with and knowledge of statutes, regulations, permit/licensing requirements and precedent decision governing environmental operations sufficient to use in planning, implementing, and monitoring local environmental compliance programs, environmental management systems, and pollution prevention programs.
- Experience working with programs pertaining to Clean air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Toxic Substances Control Act, Federal Insecticide and Rodenticide Act, and all other environmental areas.
- Experience managing, administering, and coordinating the development, implementation, and review of environmental compliance programs.
ORCombination of Education and Experience
A combination of education and experience. This experience must have equipped you with the qualifications to perform the major duties of this position as described above.
The following Selective Factor must be included in the vacancy announcement: Applicants must have one or more of the following certifications:
1. Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) from Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (ACHMM)
2. Certified Hazardous Materials Practitioner (CHMP) from Institute of Hazardous Materials Managers (IHMM)
3. Certified Environmental Auditor or Certified Environmental Systems Manager from National Registry of Environmental Professionals (NREP)
4. Certified Professional Environmental Auditor (CPEA) from Board of Environmental, Health & Safety Auditor Certifications (BEAC)
Applicants must provide a copy of the certification(s) and clearly address having the certification(s) in their resume. Applicants who fail to provide proof of certification by the closing date of the vacancy announcement will not receive consideration for this position.
Credit will be given for paid and unpaid experience. To receive proper credit, you must show the actual time (such as number of hours worked per week) spent in the activities.
**Your eligibility for consideration will be based on your responses to the questions in the application.**
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). The ICTAP provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1)this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified category using established category rating criteria. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Additional information about ICTAP eligibility is at: Click Here
The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible surplus and displaced competitive service employees in the Department of Justice with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your Department of Justice component has notified you in writing that you are a surplus or displaced employee eligible for CTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your CTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified category using established category rating criteria. You must provide a copy of your written notification of CTAP eligibility with your application. Additional information about CTAP eligibility is at: Click Here
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJ's Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses provided to the online assessment questionnaire. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Candidates within the top quality category and who are eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans preference you are claiming on your resume. Although veterans preference points are not assigned under the category rating procedures described under "How You Will Be Evaluated", veterans preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-veterans within each category for which they are qualified.
In addition, qualified veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more are placed at the top of the highest qualified category as defined by category rating procedures.
What Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities are Required for this Position?
The following Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) are required:
To preview questions please click here.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to research, analyze and evaluate information.
- Knowledge of environmental procedures, concepts and practices to ensure compliance with governing environmental regulations.