About the Agency
As a conditional of employment, your position will be a Mixed Tour position. Mixed Tour of duty is a combination of full time, part time and intermittent work schedules which allows the best utilization of resources based on the work requirements of the organization. You will be required to sign a Mixed Tour Agreement.
Once selected, you may be sent to any vessel nationwide. There is no guarantee that you will be assigned to any particular vessel or geographic location, however, your duty location will be determined by your home of record or ship’s home port. Duty locations are Norfolk, VA; Charleston, SC; Woods Hole, MA; Pascagoula, MS; Newport, OR; Kodiak, AK; Ketchikan, AK; San Diego, CA; Honolulu, HI; Davisville, RI.
This is an open continuous announcement. Applications will be considered as vacancies occur.
A one year Trial period may be required.
The incumbent selected for this position will:
- Direct and perform maintenance and repair work on the Engineering Department's ship systems in accordance with manufacturer's and shipbuilder's technical manuals and NOAA policy as directed by supervising engineer.
- Direct the activities of unlicensed engineering personnel while on watch or performing maintenance.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and operational requirements that ensure safe and effective operation of the engineering, electrical, or electrical systems that may be assigned to him/her. Keeps required records, logs, and reports.
- Stand engine room watches at sea or in port; may be on call during non-normal duty hours as required.
- Perform other mission related duties as assigned, including duties related to the safety of the vessel and personnel.