The major duties of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
· Responds to calls concerning felonies, emergencies, traffic accidents, drug charges, altercations and misdemeanors under Federal, State, local and tribal laws; investigates, apprehends, arrests, and detains all persons charged with violations
· Maintains law and order within the area of assignments by patrolling in a patrol vehicle, investigating suspicious situations, and taking action as appropriate.
· Performs such assignments as working radar on busy highways, participating in night surveillance in high crime areas, and participating in traffic and crowd control activities.
· Make arrests in cases of crime or misdemeanors personally witnessed; takes persons arrested to appropriate authorities for booking or formal charging.
· Serves Federal, State, or local or tribal warrants, subpoenas and other court papers; testifies at hearings and trials as an expert witness in Federal, State, local or tribal courts as required;
· Prepares and submits reports of incidents or traffic accidents, daily and weekly activities, and narratives and statistical reports as required.
· Testifies in official capacity at Tribal, State, and Federal hearings.