Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River, Shasta Dam on the Sacramento River, and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov and view our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
Why search any longer - we have just the opportunity for you! Come, join us, and become a vital part of the team to restore the Trinity River and its populations of salmon, steelhead and other fish and wildlife. Your civil engineering and project management expertise will directly affect program success not only in the restoration, protection and use of natural resources but to the beneficiaries of a restored fishery such as sport, tribal and commercial fishing communities and the tourist and recreation industries along the Trinity River. For information on the TRRP, visit http://www.trrp.net/
This position is located with the Bureau of Reclamation, Northern California Area Office,Trinity River Restoration Division, Weaverville, California. For information on the Northern California Area Office visit: http://www.usbr.gov/mp/ncao/ For information on Weaverville, Trinity County, CA visit: http://www.trinitycounty.com
Additional positions may be filled through this announcement.
Position may be filled at the GS-11 or GS-12 level. At the full performance GS-12 level, the incumbent serves as a Senior Design Engineer/Project Manager for the River Restoration Program (TRRP). The duties of the GS-11 position are developmental in nature, leading to the full performance level. The incumbent bay be non-competitively promoted to the next level of the position after meeting all regulatory requirements, certification by the supervisor of successful performance; completion of all training requirements; and the availability of work at the next higher grade level. Note: promotion to is not automatic.
- Manages and coordinates the Design Phase of river channel rehabilitation projects including the planning, data collection, and civil and hydrologic design analysis.
- Performs the full range of project management activities to include program activities involving interdisciplinary or interagency teams; coordination and integration; fiscal planning and oversight; and regulatory compliance with laws and regulations.
- Develops civil engineering designs, digital surface terrain models, engineering construction drawings, cost estimates, and technical reports for complex river restoration projects.
- Uses Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)/Terrain Modeling software, hydraulic analysis software (HEC-RAS), and Geographical Information System (GIS) software.
- Performs technical review of documents prepared by the others for technical adequacy (e.g.,feasibility reports, design memoranda, design analyses, cost estimates, contract plans and specifications).
- Serves as Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR) or Grants and Cooperative Agreements Officer's Representative (GCAOR) in the execution of contracts or agreements.
- Develops and carries out a public involvement plan for each project. Prepares for and makes presentations to a wide variety of technical, scientific and general audiences.