Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 976486
I CARE - VA VALUES
INTEGRITY, COMMITMENT, ADVOCACY, RESPECT AND EXCELLENCE
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
PROGRAM MANAGER FOR CRISIS INTERVENTION SERVICES
We value diversity and multi-cultural competence in our staff;
successful candidates will reflect these values and competencies.
NOTE: This position will be filled with either a Psychologist, RN or Social Worker. For RN Announcement #WV-14-SHa-976264, Social Worker Announcement #WV-14-SHa-976799 to apply for these occupations.
Note: The grade level for this position is GS-13. This position functions independently and is responsible for the supervision of other licensed health care professinoal The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the step and salary at which the candidate will be placed.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.Relocation Expenses:
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
The Psychologist Crisis Intervention Services Program Manager position is located in the Behavioral Health Care Line at the Syracuse VA Medical Center. The incumbent manages the administrative and clinical aspects of the Suicide Prevention (SP) and Mobile Outreach and Transition Treatment (MOTT) programs. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Management/supervise interdisciplinary staff
- Plan work assignments
- Monitors adherence to regulations, policies and procedures
- Oversees involvement in community outreach events
- Monitors the effectiveness of services provided
- Establish staff performance expectations
- Performs personnel management of CIS staff
- Responsible for staff training and competencies
- Coordinates enhanced care when needed
- Performs clinic work as time permits
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Tour of Duty: Full Time, Monday - Friday.