Entry Level - candidate must:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis. Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
- Documentation of good mental and physical health and freedom from communicable disease.
- Satisfactory completion (no convictions of child abuse, molestation, neglect, or battering; or drug related offense) of Local and National Background Checks.
Skill Level - Candidates must meet entry-level requirements and:
- Possess three (3) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth.
- Completion of Army Entry Level Training Certificate (Air Force/Navy equivalent).
- Meet Entry-level requirements and demonstrated satisfactory performance.
- One year of education above high school level which included nine (9) semester hours of college credit in early childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology, human development, youth program administration, recreation or related behavioral sciences, or one (1) year vocational certificate in childcare.
Target Level - candidates must meet entry-level requirements and must:
- Meet skill-level requirements and demonstrated satisfactory performance.
- Possess twelve (12) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth.
- Completion of Army Foundation Level Training Certificate (Air Force/Navy equivalent).
- Two (2) years of education above the High School level, which includes twelve (12)- semester hours of college credit in early childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology, human development, youth program administration or related behavioral sciences.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6.Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority. Already immune individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.