Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is one of the U.S. Air Forces largest and most important installations. It is the birthplace, home and future of aerospace. By virtually any measure, "Wright-Patt' is the most diverse and organizationally complex base in the U.S. Air Force. This is where America's Air Force aircraft of tomorrow are conceived, developed, and acquired. Click here for more information.
This announcement will result in a 90-day register which may be used to fill vacancies for 90 days after the closing date of this announcement. Referrals may be made as vacancies occur.
Position Summary: This position is located with the 88th Security Forces Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. The primary purpose of this position is to enforce law, maintain law and order, preserve the peace, and protect life and civil rights within a military installation.
This is a TERM (time-limited) position. It may be extended for a maximum of 4 years. The incumbent cannot be converted to a permanent position based on selection from this announcement.
- Performs and enforces police officer duties within the military installation.
- Performs traffic duty to include operating radar detection devices, directing traffic, escorting dignitaries, and conducting sobriety testing.
- Participates in the investigation of crimes and suspected criminal activity.
- Serves as a Security Forces Dispatcher for the installation. Dispatches police units to scenes of crimes, accidents, and natural disasters. Coordinates as required with civilian police, fire, rescue, and emergency units for assistance.
- Ensures individuals requesting access to the installation have the proper identification credentials before entering and conducts random vehicle searches at the privately owned vehicle (POV) gates and conducts thorough searches of all vehicles at the commercial gate.