Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 979359
Salary: Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by a Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans.
Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (" I CARE").
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
This position is assigned to the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) National Center for Organization Development (NCOD) Office located in Cincinnati, OH. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- serves as the authoritative source and principal advisor in the area of organizational development psychology as it relates to the area of organizational health. Works in the areas of organizational development and cultural transformation, report and statistical interpretation, communications strategy and planning, instructional systems design and implementation, training, and program development and evaluation.
- instrumental in the operations of the national Civility, Respect, and Engagement in the Workplace (CREW) Initiative, and will serve as a vital member in the planning, development and expansion of this culture change initiative. Responsibilities include: over site of logistics related to CREW training events, oversite of ongoing development of training resources, provision of training to sites enrolled in CREW, oversight of data management, coordination of daily operations of CREW, ongoing evaluation/monitoring of the initiative as well as program development based on this evaluation/monitoring.
- Implements and supports organizational improvement activities within the VHA NCOD office. Designs, administers, and analyzes measures of organizational performance on the national, VISN, Facility and work group level. Offers continuous assessment services to the organization and to employees including expert knowledge of psychometry, vocational assessment, 360 and 180 degree assessment, simulations, coaching and mentoring and the implementation of individual developments. May offer process consultations to leadership groups and work groups. May provide pre-doctoral and post-doctoral supervision to students of Organizational Development.
- Performs work in the management and administration of organizational development and continuous assessment. This includes the development of measurement concepts and tools including written tests, coaching and mentoring methods to assess and facilitation candidate's readiness for executive leadership, methods for measuring and assessing experience, performance based recruitment and interviewing, employment references, employee attitudes, etc.
- As an expert on long- range planning, recommends and participates in developing strategies for implementing planning for major system-wide organizational changes. Prepares and contributes to reports and other presentations on program planning and evaluation. Designs and conducts a wide variety of comprehensive studies and detailed analyses of complex functions and processes related to long range planning.
Work Schedule: Full time, 40 hours per week. Telework is available (i.e., working from home). Compressed/Flexible schedule may be available. Travel is required.
SALARY RANGE: Salary will be recommended by a Professional Standards Board.
NOTE: This position requires the completion of a Dependent Credentialing process (Vetpro). Submission of your credentials in the VetPro Credentialing System is required of all VHA licensed, registered, and certified health care providers. This system is used nationwide at all VHA healthcare facilities.
DESIGNATED DRUG-TESTING POSITION : Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
****Relocation expenses and/or incentives have not been authorized****