The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
Nebraska National Guard
THIS POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE MILITARY (NEBRASKA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD) PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 1-402-309-7151.
NOTE: START DATE TO BE DETERMINED BASED ON FUNDS AVAILABLE DUE TO THE CONTINUING RESOLUTION.
NOTE: MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN THE LEVEL OF SECURITY CLEARANCE/BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.
This position serves in the Deputy Chief of Staff Logistics (DCSLOG), G4; of an Army National Guard (ARNG) Joint Force Headquarters (JFHQ) Structure.
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF POSITION: G4, Lincoln, NE
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is an Indefinite Dual Status (Excepted Service) Enlisted or Warrant Officer position only.
The man-year for this position is obligated to a Technician on military duty. Selectee may be displaced upon return of the incumbent or selectee may be converted to Permanent appointment if the incumbent does not request reemployment. Individual selected for an indefinite appointment is entitled to the following employee benefits: accrual of annual leave, military leave, health and life insurance benefits; and payment into the Federal Retirement System (FERS).
INDIVIDUAL SELECTED AS A GS-9 TRAINEE MAY BE PROMOTED TO GS-11 UPON COMPLETION OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS: (1) 12 MONTHS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE POSITION; (2) COMPLETION OF AN INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN, AND (3) COMPLETION OF A CLASSIFICATION REVIEW. INDIVIDUAL MAY BE PROMOTED WITHOUT FURTHER COMPETITION WHEN QUALIFIED AND RECOMMENDED BY THE SELECTING OFFICIAL; HOWEVER PROMOTION IS NOT GUARANTEED.
FOR ARMY ONLY
In order to comply with United States Department of Defense (DoD) requirements and ensure the safety and security of the missions, programs, property and personnel of the Nebraska Military Department and Nebraska National Guard, employees must obtain the appropriate background investigation and maintain the level of security clearance assigned to their respective work.
Failure to obtain and maintain the designated type of security clearance/background check required for the respective work, may result in a job offer being rescinded, separation of employment, and/or other actions as may be deemed in the best interest of the agency.
Prior to appointment individuals must meet the security clearance requirements for the position or submit the required documents of the Nebraska National Guard, Personnel Security Manager for processing the appropriate investigation. Required forms - SF 86, PSIP Initiation Form, Birth Certificate (or other proof of citizenship), Fingerprints, OF 306 and Application/Resume.
Nebraska National Guard Personnel Security Manager - email@example.com; 402-309-8145.
Open Area of Consideration: 1 AND 2 ONLY
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1- Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army National Guard.
Area 2- All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary technicians of the Nebraska Army National Guard.
Area 3- Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
Area 4- All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective Nebraska National Guard prior to the effective date of hire.
Referral of Applicants: Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official in the following order:
1. Fully qualified Area 1 applicants.
2. Fully qualified Area 2 applicants.
3. All Trainee qualified applicants (Area 1 and 2 Only)
(1) Serves as the ARNG Food Program Manager responsible and accountable for oversight of the entire state ARNG Food Service program which includes the administration of the Food Service Budget, Awards Program, new equipment fielding's, training, Army Food Management Information System (AFMIS) and inspections. Exercises knowledge and application of Department of Army (DA), Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), National Guard Bureau (NGB), and state ARNG directives, policies and procedures, subsistence handling storage, and sanitation methodology, plus food prime vendor food service ordering system, in addition to basic subsistence accounting procedures.
(2) Maintains oversight of daily, weekly, monthly, and long term system requirements, ARNG Readiness Center equipment modifications, and requirements to meet current workload demands. Budgets for subsistence operations and subsistence requirements, including operational ration ceilings. Assesses use of facilities and equipment, to ensure expeditious accomplishment of priority work without adverse impact on normal, recurring work. Develops for the DCSLOG-G4 recommendations, policies, procedures, long range plans, and special projects. Recommends solutions to controversial problems and actions of a precedent-setting nature, to include coordination with major commands and the Army Center of Excellence, Subsistence. Participates in field exercise planning sessions, discussing availability of subsistence, budgets, issue of operational rations and ARNG support of exercises. Serves as Chairperson and as a voting member of The Adjutant General Food Service Management Board. Responsible for planning and oversight of subsistence support to ARNG units and dining facilities. Coordinates veterinary staff support for cyclic inspections of operational rations as required. Maintains oversight of facility and subsistence security to ensure theft prevention, unexplained losses, and unauthorized entry procedures are enforced.
(3) Monitors the AFMIS to ensure reporting requirements from local, DA, NGB, and vendors are timely and contain accurate and formatted data. Monitors daily flow of data from customers and its return to customers. Performs daily validation processing cycles. Technical and functional knowledge of system operation is required in the performance of these tasks and in troubleshooting associated problems within the system as they occur. Works daily with functional users and technical personnel to identify and resolve operational and technical problems, and to ensure flow of data and procedures are the most efficient possible.
(4) Assists and coordinates with functional specialists in the identification of operational requirements and the conversion of these requirements into automated systems documentation. Analyzes data automation policies, regulations and procedures to determine their impact on logistics information systems and to identify changes in the maintenance and use of computerized data by functional specialists. Performs extensive consultation services and provides guidance to functional specialists on the maintenance, evaluation, documentation and standardization of requirements and procedures. Assists with researching and originating of concepts to introduce and integrate new technologies without direction or guidance from higher headquarters.