The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
The job is located in the Midshipmen Food Services Division (MFSD), U.S Naval Academy. The function of the division is to provide complete food services for the 4,500 member Brigade of Midshipmen and authorized guests of the Naval Academy. The primary purposes of the job are to assist in the preparation and portioning of menu items for service to the Brigade in the Midshipmen Wardroom, and to maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the galley and associated spaces.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Using a wide range of equipment from common household utensils to high-volume specialized equipment for food preparation and sanitation
- Utilize measuring instruments to conduct volume food preparation of meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, salads, beverages, pasta, or baked products
- Convert recipe ingredient quantities based on the number of portions to be prepared
- Prepare food using rotary ovens, deep fat fryers, meat slicers, griddles, or other cooking equipment
- Perform other duties as required