Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov.
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/
*THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED FROM 10/31/2013
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-LC-13-51 for status applicants. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as an Agricultural Engineer. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Would you enjoy ensuring the safe and efficient operation of Government facilities? Responsibilities include serving as a technical specialist for the development, implementation, and evaluation of water management and conservation program actitivies administered within the Lower Colorado Region.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Lower Colorado Region, Boulder Canyon Operations Office, Water Accounting & Verifications Group.
Boulder City is a short drive from the Las Vegas Metropolitan area. For living conditions visit:
Boulder City, NV: http://www.bcnv.org.
Henderson, NV: http://www.hendersonchamber.com/.
Las Vegas, NV: http://www.lvchamber.com/.
Relocation expenses are not authorized.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Provides agricultural engineering expertise and related analysises, considering appropriate engineering, technical, scientific, legal and institutional guidelines and requirements in support of technical and policy decisions relating to the Inadvertent Overrun and Payback Policy (IOPP) program; Intentionally Created Surplus (ICS) program; Title 43 Code of Federal Regulations Part 417(Part 417) water order approval process; Water Accounting program, Consumptive Uses and Losses (CU&L) project; and Remotely-Sensed Data Collection (RSDC) program.
- Oversees the administration of Reclamation’s IOPP and ICS programs, and Part 417 consultation and water order approval process.
- Coordinates with stakeholders to ensure water management and conservation plans submitted under the IOPP, ICS, or Part 417 programs are technically adequate, and that field verification inspections of conservation measures performed pursuant to the IOPP and ICS are completed as required.
- Assists in the acquisition of ground reference data for the RSDC program, performs ground reference data entry, and completes routine updates of spatial features and associated attributes in a GIS database.
- Applies agronomic knowledge to develop a methodology to estimate crop consumptive use in the tributary basins of the Lower Colorado River.