Find Solutions to Agricultural Problems that Affect Americans Every Day, From Field to Table
This vacancy is for a Procurement Technician in the USDA Agricultural Research Service's (ARS) U.S. Meat Animal Research Center (USMARC) in Clay Center, Nebraska. The USMARC develops new technology in order to increase the efficiency of livestock production and benefit consumers. This position is located in the warehouse as pare of the Location Support Staff and is responsible for providing support in the procurement operation of the center by procuring (mainly in the immediate local area), receiving, warehousing, and delivering of supplies and equipment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
The major duties of the position include the following:
- Procuring supplies in the immediate local business area (25 miles distance) through the use of a government purchase card or blanket purchase order agreement. Purchases include but are not limited to technical, mechanical, automotive, agricultural, and clerical supplies.
- Maintaining liaison with requisitioners, expediting delivery of urgently required items, and coordinating paperwork and action with appropriate administrative staff.
- Tracking status of supplies through the electronic internal system in order to ensure timely delivery.
- Checking all incoming supplies and equipment against receiving documents for agreement as to quantity, description, size, weight, etc.
- Performing warehouse functions such as receiving merchandise, stocking shelves, filling orders, and delivering ordered goods.
- Operating a fork lift and/or hand cart when large quantities of items are received.