Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 977311
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
Note: The full performance level of this vacancy is 5.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
Please note: These positions are for days (42-1D) and nights (42-1D, 42-2C).
The Nursing Assistant for the Community Living Center (CLC) is responsible to the assigned Nurse Manager (or the off-tour Nursing Supervisor), and the on-duty licensed nurse(s). The NA will have a primary 8 hour assigned tour of duty which will include weekends and holidays. The NA will provide nursing care to residents of the Community Living Center and must be able to satisfactory perform the following nursing procedures:
Provides nursing care to Residents
in the Community Living Center. The
incumbent must be able to satisfactorily carry out any duty of
GS-3/GS-4/GS-5 Nursing Assistant(s), and also satisfactorily perform the
following nursing procedures.
- Performs basic technical and rehabilitative nursing procedures monitoring and providing direct personal care, unsterile dressings, application of heat and cold, tube feedings, health teaching, oralpharyngeal suction and topical, non-systemic medications, urinary catheterization and irrigation for a number of patients with complex needs.
- Documents, according to Patient Care Service procedure, all procedures performed, effectiveness, and the patient's response to procedures. Documentation is completed in measurable terms in a timely manner.
- Initiates Rapid Response, Code Blue, or Heimlich techniques when indicated.
- Maintains BLS certification
- Follows Medical Center procedure to assure safety of Veterans during fire, disaster, or drills.
- Consistently uses proper body mechanics in performance of duties
- Consistently uses lifting devices when appropriate to move Veterans.
- Incorporates the Veteran's cultural values and background into the care delivered.