In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-11) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include knowledge of a wide range of configuration and data management principles, practices, procedures, and regulations applicable to a full range of support responsibilities associated with the Western Range (WR) and the installation.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-11 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of functional, organizational and operational relationships and responsibilities of configuration and data management disciplines.
2. General knowledge of systems procurement, logistics management and automatic data processing functions. General knowledge of contractor production practices and processes.
3. Ability to plan and organize work and coordinate with other acquisition and engineering disciplines.
4. Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and procedures to evaluate configuration and data management programs. Ability to analyze work processed and continually improves them.
5. Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications and contractor drawings and evaluate their technical adequacy. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to prepare and present briefings, coordinate planning efforts and manage program activities.
6. Ability to read and interpret engineering change proposals and technical procurement descriptions and write technical procurement descriptions of equipment changes. Ability to research, analyze, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures to a variety of situations and to recommend timely and economical solutio
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR
EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your
educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting
institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the
requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to
be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education
program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Requires temporary duty travel to contractor facilities. Required to travel by military or commercial aircraft.
Must be available to participate in Government mandated and/or required training to achieve/maintain proficiency. The Government provides funding for all mandated courses.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and
responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility,
qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all
instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or
consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the
documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your
responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or
does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of
"not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will
not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated