In order to be qualified for this position, you must possess the following:
- DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation OR a Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. (Such equivalency is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country). - AND -
- GRADUATE TRAINING: At least one year of supervised experience completed during a graduate training program. These include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada. Listings of accredited programs are published yearly in the Directory of Residency Training Programs and the Yearbook and Directory of Osteopathic Physicians. - AND -
LICENSURE: Possess a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. - AND -
EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service, providing leadership and direction to a professional staff in the clinical review of generic drug products as it relates to safety, efficacy, and/or bioequivalence.
You must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, which states grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Degree requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this job announcement and your transcript(s) submitted must reflect this.
Education must be accredited by an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
*** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must submit a Certificate of Foreign Equivalence with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.***
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Failure to provide any of the above will result in an ineligible rating.
Conditions of Employment
1. Time-in-Grade: Career or career-conditional current and former Federal employees who select to apply under merit promotion procedures must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade level of this position.
2. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- Optional Form 306 Declaration of Federal Employment available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of306.pdf. This form is not required to be submitted at the time of submitting your application. However, if selected, this form will be required prior to final job offer.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
4. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
5. All qualification requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of the announcement.
6. Financial disclosure statement maybe required
7. One-year probationary period may be required.
8. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
9. Bargaining Unit Position: No
10. Drug Screening Required: No
11. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
14. Travel away from duty station required: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
For Competitive CDER Merit Promotion Applicants: The highest rated candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
For Noncompetitive CDER Applicants: All qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position:
- Clinical Evaluation and Practices
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions