Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Join HHS/FDA/Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) and help make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans. CTP is the newest arm of the FDA. CTP is the principal Federal agency charged to establish tobacco regulations in order to decrease the tremendous toll of diseases, disability and death caused by tobacco use in the United States.
Who May Apply: This vacancy is open to current Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) employees with competitive status and CTAP Eligibles in the local commuting area only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 and/or CTAP Documentation.
This position is located in the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Management (OM), Rockville, Maryland.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
· Plan and lead projects and staff in carrying out a wide range of management support activities that require considerable planning, coordination, management, and evaluation to ensure and support the successful accomplishment of Center program operations.
· Provide leadership, guidance, technical support, and assistance, to Center managers, employees and shared services staff on services including timekeeping, payroll, budget, property management, travel, and financial services.
· Provide correspondence control for the Center and controls and processes all agency public correspondence directed to the Center Director. Develop and operate tracking systems designed to identify and resolve early warnings and bottleneck problems with executive correspondence.
· As the Team Leader, the incumbent is responsible for planning, coordinating and evaluating programs and activities of OM. Provide technical advice and administrative guidance and instructions regarding objectives, policies, procedures, problems resolution and coordination of administrative activities.
· Develop and execute an annual budget for the Office of Management. Review and approve requests for office property, supplies, equipment, office furniture, replacement and movement, and contractual services. Ensure proper receipt, distribution, and replenishment of supplies.