The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located in the Washington, DC Metro Area. As a Financial Technician, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring that invoices are processed accurately and expeditiously. This effort is in support of the normal requirements of voucher examination, and, in the normal environment of voucher examination, would complete the responsibilities of the job.
This announcement is open to All Qualified U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
If you are a current or former Federal employee, please select Occupational Specialty 001 - Merit Promotion on the Occupational Questionnaire.
If you are not a current or former Federal employee, please select Occupational Specialty 002 - All Sources on the Occupational Questionnaire.
If you are a current or former Federal employee and wish to be considered as a status and non-status candidate, you may select both Occupational Specialties.
· Ensures the expeditious and accurate processing of invoices received by the Command and extracts financial data and reports from the financial management system, in order to balance and reconcile processed payments and collections.
· Utilizes financial information to audit travel claims and compute allowable reimbursement expenses, prior to making payments.
· Solves reconciliation and payment issues, while ensuring compliance with all applicable disbursing laws and Command policies.
· Reviews obligation and expenditure data, ensuring detailed information is cited for each collection made and verifies that funding levels are adequate.
· Prepares financial status reports on travel payments in collections and works with program offices to ensure sufficient funding is available to cover collections made.