The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located in the Comptroller Department, U.S. Naval Academy under the Deputy of Finance. The Comptroller Department provides support for a total workforce at the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA) and Naval Academy Preparatory School (NAPS). USNA university-type programs such as gift funds are unique within the Navy and require new approaches in programming funds and in managing related investments.
· Formulate budgets and estimates to support programs such as the Gift and Museum Fund Program and the Reimbursable Fund Program
· Analyze data to prepare financial reports
· Identify budget execution problems and provide alternate solutions
· Review outgoing funding documents for completeness and accuracy
· Report statistical financial data to the Comptroller Department