Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:As vacancies arise, referral lists will be issued.Candidates will be contacted directly by the hiring organization when they are being considered for a position.Resumes of qualified individuals will be posted in a secure, online database for management review and remain active for 120 days. If you would like to be considered after the initial 120 days please renew your resume through our Medcell Website.The initial length of an overseas tour is 2 or 3 years depending upon location.This announcement may be used to fill permanent, temporary, or term positions.This announcement may be used to fill positions in the local communities surrounding the military installations.Recruitment Incentives and Moving Expenses may be paid up to 25% of your Base Salary.This announcement may be used to fill Practical/Vocational Nurse positions in the following specialty areas: Office Automation (OA), Administrative, Psychiatric, Advanced Practice, Obstetric/Gynecologic, General, Primary Care Sports Medicine, Occupational/Community Health, Operating Room, Lead Practical Nurse, Supervisory Practical Nurse, Dermatology, Quality Assurance Evaluation, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary, or Instructor.Who May Apply:
All U.S. Citizens You may apply online by Clicking HereYou may check your status online at http://medcell.army.mil/status.asp
As a Practical/Vocational Nurse within a Medical Treatment Facility you will:
- Perform a variety of treatment procedures.
- Provide nursing care to patients of all ages scheduled for treatment of illness, minor surgical procedures, preventive health care, and/or pre/post operative care.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications or immunizations.
- Initiate IVs, draw blood, and collect/prepare specimens for lab analysis.
- Assist physicians during diagnostic, therapeutic and/or minor surgical procedures by preparing necessary supplies & equipment.