Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 974654
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
At the Cincinnati VA Medical Center, our duty is to make sure Veterans receive the finest health care available within our resources. We are devoted to providing primary health care, specialized care, and mental health service to Veterans whom reside within a 50 mile radius of the Medical Center serving veterans in the states of Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. For more information, please visit our web site.
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information onset's Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
The Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center located in Cincinnati, OH is currently seeking Four (4) full time permanent Nursing Assistants for various floors at the Cincinnati VAMC. These postion will report directly to the Nurse Manager of the unit you are selected for. We are also looking for Six (6) intermittent Nursing Assistants for various floors. If you are not selected for the full time positions you will be asked if you would be interested in the intermittent positions.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this annonucement.
This announcement is for all U.S. Citizens that qualify. These positions are also being announced to current Cincinnati VAMC employees under announcement VHA-NV-14-LAD-974652 opening on 10/10/2013 and closing on 10/23/2013.
WORK SCHEDULE: The normal tour of duty for these positions are ROTATING SHIFTS & WEEKENDS.
Note: The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-05. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-04 to GS-05. The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.Relocation Expenses:
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
Full performance level duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Incumbent performs or assists patients with bathing, shaving, daily oral hygiene, denture care, feeding, dressing, positioning and transferring;
- obtains vital signs;
- assists patients with range of motion exercises;
- applies and removes non-sterile dressings;
- obtains and labels specimens;
- assists physicians and nurses in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures;
- provides post-mortem care;
- performs simple, routine tests;
- keeps bedside and nursing area clean;
- provides urinary catheter care;
- performs gastrostomy and nasogastric tube feedings
- Incumbent suctions tracheotomy, oral and nasopharyngeal;
- irrigates colostomies;
- provides pouching of stomas/ostomy care;
- provides complex treatment modalities for skin care problems;
- attends and participates in team meetings, ward conferences, and in-service programs;
- updates patient medical records;
- and performs other basic nursing care as required.