Job Title:Procurement & Resources Specialist
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition and Materiel Management
Job Announcement Number:VY-13-RB-973587-MP
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, October 11, 2013 to
Monday, October 21, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fredericksburg, VA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles) |
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Office of Acquisition Operations, Strategic Acquisition Center (SAC) in Fredericksburg, VA.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
- ICTAP/CTAP eligibles
- Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
- Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
- Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
- Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
- You must be a US citizen.
- You must be eligible under the Area of Consideration.
- You must submit your resume and supporting documents (See How to Apply).
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Qualifications must be met by the Closing Date: You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by Monday, October 21, 2013.
To qualify for this position, you must have at least:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 or greater that equipped you with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform successfully the duties of the position. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but it must demonstrate that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Examples of such specialized experience includes: providing acquisition advice, guidance and assistance to the project offices; recommending a course of action with regard to pre and post award processes; participating in the development of acquisition policies and procedures; and assuring technical completeness and accuracy of proposed contract actions.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Part-Time or Unpaid Experience: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
- Background Investigation: You may need to successfully complete a background investigation before appointed into the position.
- Probationary Period: You may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
- Time in Grade (TIG): Current employees, Transfer and/or Reinstatement Eligibles must have a minimum of 52 weeks at the next lower grade GS-grade level to be eligible under Merit Promotion. An SF-50 must be provided which shows your current pay plan/series/grade to verify time-in-grade requirements are met. Failure to provide an appropriate SF-50 will result in an ineligible rating.
- Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
· Ability to perform acquisition procurement requirements analysis/develop acquisition plan and other associated documentation
· Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, acquisition methodology and procedures, regulations, statues and contract law
· Ability to develop acquisition strategies and recommend contracting approaches to new and novel situations
· Oral Communication
· Written Communication
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position. If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.