You may qualify if you meet one of the following:
1. You completed a 4 year course of study leading to a bachelors degree. Preferred fields of study are: Political Science, Economics, History, International Relations, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Geography, Geospatial, Foreign Language, Psychology or Criminal Justice, however all degrees will be considered. (Submit a copy of ALL OFFICIAL transcripts or current unofficial transcripts if currently enrolled). Degree must be received by 31 Aug 2014 from an accredited institution. Applicant must also have documentation of obtaining Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the undergraduate level in one of the following:
a) Class Standing - upper third of the graduating class based on completed courses in the college, university, or major subdivision;
b) Grade Point Average - 2.95 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on your official transcript or as computed based on 4 years of education or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of curriculum; OR 3.45 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum. If more than 10 percent of total undergraduate credit hours are non-graded, i.e. pass/fail, CLEP, CCAF, DANTES, military credit, etc, you CANNOT qualify based on GPA;
c) Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society (note: freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this position). (If qualifying based on class standing or honor society membership, provide appropriate documentation). OR
2. You have one full year (18 semester hours or the equivalent) of graduate level study, or possess a master's or higher degree, e.g., LL.B., J.D., LL.M., Ph.D., in a field that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work of this position. Such fields Political Science, Economics, History, International Relations, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Geography, Geospatial, Foreign Language, Psychology or Criminal Justice, are highly desirable, however all degrees will be considered. (Submit a copy of ALL transcripts INCLUDING YOUR UNDERGRADUATE LEVEL TRANSCRIPTS).
3. You must have specialized experience, that provides 1) the ability to analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions, 2) plan and organize work, and 3) communicate orally and in writing. Such experience may have been gained in administrative, professional, technical, investigative, or other responsible work. GG-05 level or equivalent experience could also have been gained through substantive and relevant secretarial, clerical, or other responsible work as long as it provided evidence of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position. General clerical experience, such as typing, filing, etc., would not be qualifying GS/GG-05 level experience.
To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS) or other pay systems. Experience must demonstrate Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position being filled.
4. You have a combination of graduate education and the type of specialized experience as described above i.e. 18 semester hours and have specialized experience. (Submit a copy of your transcripts.)
IF YOU ARE QUALIFYING BASED ON EDUCATION, PLEASE SUMBIT COPIES OF ALL TRANSCRIPTS TO INCLUDE TRANSFERRED HOURS - OFFICIAL COPIES ARE NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION. IF SELECTED, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE OFFICIAL COPIES OF ALL TRANSCRIPTS.
IF YOU QUALIFY BASED ON UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION AND YOU HAVE NOT GRADUATED PRIOR TO APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, YOU MAY BE OFFERED A POSITION CONTINGENT UPON YOUR FINAL GRADE POINT AVERAGE OR CLASS RANKING. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BY 31 August 2014.
If your degree is from a non-U.S. University, AND THIS DEGREE IS THE PRIMARY BASIS FOR YOUR QUALIFICATION I.E., YOU DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER DEGREE AWARDED BY A U. S. UNIVERSITY, OR YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PRIOR JOB HISTORY TO QUALIFY BASED ON EXPERIENCE, please contact the American Association of Collegiate Registrar & Admissions Office (AACRAO) via their website http://www.aacrao.org/international/foreignEdCred.cfm . Foreign transcripts are required to be authenticated and accredited to US equivalents. This must be completed prior to applying/entrance on duty to a Palace Acquire position. When applying, please submit a copy of the authentication report along with a copy of your transcripts.
All transcripts MUST show the overall degree, date awarded and the GPA.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Mobility - you may be required to relocate during or after completion of your training.
2. May be required to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in the performance of official duties.
3. The employee must also sign a Statement of Understanding prior to occupying a DCIPS position.
4. Selectee must complete a Special Background investigation and receive a favorable adjudication by a determining authority. A Top Secret Clearance is a requirement of this position and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). Failure to obtain and maintain this required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal from the agency.
If selected for a position, an official birth certificate, passport or Certificate of Naturalization will be required to verify citizenship prior to the day you report for duty or sooner.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306. Certain responses on the form could pose a problem with suitability for employment determinations e.g., an affirmative answer to a conviction of a felony.
Air Force Intelligence Career Field Management (AFICFM) positions are in the excepted service authorized by Title 10 U.S.C., and covered by the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). DCIPS coverage extends to employees assigned to organizations having a primary intelligence mission.
Relocation costs WILL NOT be authorized. Selectees will be responsible for payment of all costs associated with relocation to the initial duty location.
All interns will be scheduled for a paid/temporary Change of Station (TCS) move to attend an eight month Intel training course at Goodfellow AFB, (San Angelo), TX during their first year of training. After graduation they will return to their unit at the Air Force expense.
Positions filled at entry level GG-0132-07. Final placement will be to Intelligence Specialist, GG-0132-12 upon successful completion of the third year of training.
Early promotions or re-promotions will not be granted.
This program offers a three-year formal training plan. You will be eligible for non-competitive annual promotions to the intervening and target grades dependent upon meeting the quality of experience at each lower grade level with satisfactory performance and supervisory approval.
If you are a veteran with preference eligibility, submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 showing type of discharge). If you are eligible for 10-point veterans' preference, attach an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on Veteran's Preference, please visit: http://www.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
1. Qualified category: Meets the minimum qualifications as described in the qualification section of this announcement and obtain a rating between 70-79 on the applicable assessment.
2. Highly-qualified category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates proficiency in critical competencies and obtain a rating between 80-89 on the applicable assessment.
3. Best-qualified category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in critical competencies and obtain a rating between 90-100 on the applicable assessment.
Applicants in the Best-qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
** AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE WILL BE INELIGIBLE FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION **