Agency: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
* Enrolled in a degree-seeking program in a qualifying educational institution; and
* Majoring in accounting, banking, business administration, commercial or banking law, economics, finance, marketing or related; and
* Taking at least a half-time course load; and
* Maintaining a cumulative (overall) GPA of at least 3.0/4.0; and
* Graduating after December 1, 2014.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is one of the most respected forces in America's financial community. Our mission is to maintain stability and public confidence in the nation's financial system by insuring deposits, examining and supervising financial institutions, and managing receiverships.
The FDIC is ranked as the Number #1 best place to work among mid-sized agencies in the Federal Government.
The applicant selected will be offered a position in the FDIC Pathways Internship Program. After successful completion of the program requirements and based on the FDIC's needs, the selectee may be non-competitively converted to a Term position as a Financial Institution Specialist based upon an evaluation of performance and completion of various skills assessments. However, service in the Financial Institution Internship Program confers no right to further employment in the competitive or excepted service.
- Registration with the Selective Service.
- May require extensive overnight travel.
- Required to work at remote and multiple work sites.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation.