Minimum Qualifications: Must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level of the federal service that included an understanding of the concepts, principles, practices, laws, and regulations of the Federal budget process to include budget execution, appropriations law, budget formulation, budget justification, and presentation to Congress; understanding of the Office of Management and Budget and Treasury Department guidelines and regulations governing the acquisition and use of Federal funds; making recommendations to avoid deficits, excess funding, and to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources; and developing budgetary and financial conclusions from factual data.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
Quality Ranking Factor: The following are desired education or skills but are not required upon entry. Applicants who meet the following criteria will receive a small bonus to their overall assessment rating.
Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in a financial management related field and/or have work experience that provided a thorough understanding of budgeting for a government working capital fund.
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be highly skilled in written and verbal communications and able to deal tactfully and effectively with employees in all levels of the organization.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Windows, Exel, Word, and other software as required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJs Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified.
- Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job;
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration (unless a sufficient number of qualified veterans are found - in which only those names will be initially certified). Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Knowledge of the budgetary methods, policies, and regulations.
- Skill in interpreting legislative and regulatory policy guidance.
- Ability to provide advice and guidance to senior budget staff and leadership.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.