The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
The Financial Systems Analyst in the Office of Financing is responsible for the execution of the auction process, financial and technical analysis, conducting special projects, and working with automated systems. The work includes a wide range of complex analytical activities related to the Bureau's auction operations, buyback operations, commercial book-entry securities program, and automated auction programs.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement, or eligible for the Veterans Recruitment Appointment); OR
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Coordinating with Treasury's Office of Debt Management and the Office of Fiscal Projection, prepares official auction offering announcements with the terms and conditions of sale or buyback of marketable Treasury securities for release to the electronic financial press, dealer, institutional, retail, and sovereign investors.
- Participates in the development, management, and maintenance of the systems that conduct the auction and comprise the commercial book-entry system.
- Reviews all bids for compliance with auction rules. Investigates auction violations to identify facts and determine disciplinary action.
- Analyzes issues, troubleshoots problems, and recommends solutions to enhance processes and operational efficiencies in an automated, financing operations environment.