- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- 6 months of clerical, office or other work that indicates the ability to qcquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position, OR
- One year of Education above high school, OR
- Equivalent combination of expereince and education are qualifying for entry level for which both education and experience are acceptable
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
GRADE DETERMINATIONS: GS-6
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of specialized experience that equipped you with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. To be creditable, the experience must have been equivalent to the GS-5 in Federal service. Examples of qualifying experience includes, providing administrative support, problem resolution in the areas of patient appointing, ordering supplies, patient travel, files management, correspondence preparation, time and attendance, office automation, obtaining statistical data from published reports and manipulating data to produce tables and charts for program management and administrative use. The Advanced Medical Support Assistant coordinates with the patient care team to review the clinic utilization by using various reports (e.g., Clinic Utilizaiton Statistical Summary, ensures that the clinic setup is closely monitored to effectively support the needs of the clinic, and make any necessary adjustments.
NOTE: Evidence of specialized experience must be supported by detailed documentation on your resume.
Applicant must demonstrate the following Skills, Knowledges and Abilities identified in the Task Statements:
1. Ability to collaborate, communicate, set priorities, and organize the work in order to meet deadlines, ensuring compliance with established processes, policies and regulations.
2. Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, both orally and in writing, in order to meet program objectives. This may include preparing reports in various formats and presenting data to various organizational levels.
3. Advanced knowledge of the technical health care process as it relates to access to care.
4. Advanced knowledge of managing a clinic. This includes independently utilizing reference sources, decision making, and empowering the team to collaborate and resolve problems within a complex systems environment.
5. Advanced knowledge of policies and procedures associated with operational activities that affect the patient flow, patient care, and the revenue process.
6. Advance knowledge of medical terminology due to the technical nature of language utilized by clinicians.
SUBSTITUTING EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: Education for experience not substituted at this grade level.
COMBINING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Education and experience not combined at this grade level.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
REFERENCES: VA Handbook 5005/23, Part II, Appendix G45, MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT QUALIFICATIONS STANDARD, dated June 7, 2012
PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The work is generally sedentary. Typically, the incumbent sits comfortably to do the work however there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items such as paper, books or small parts. No special physical demands are required to do the work.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.