NOTE: ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING DATE EXTENDED TO 10-23-2013.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the federal government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services.
This position is located in CIO Information and Security Services, Division of Middleware Engineering in Parkersburg, WV or Kansas City, MO. The primary responsibility for this position is the application of the principles of database management systems (DBMS) administration to design, install, configure, secure, develop, test, and evaluate DBMS for the purpose of testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, recovery, installation, upgrade, integration or configuration of applications within Fiscal Service's IT infrastructure.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
As an IT Specialist (SYSADMIN) (DBMS Administrator), you will:
- Provide database administration for all Fiscal Service supported databases to include backup, recovery, reorganization, indexing, adhoc data modification, database structure modification, and database monitoring.
- Design (or leads a team in the design of) the physical database for the overall Fiscal Service database effort. Is responsible for project scheduling, testing, and reporting.
- Provide technical guidance to applications programmers in the use of the mainframe and client/server database management system (DBMS) languages and procedures. Develops and conducts training programs in the database area.
- Develop, write, and maintain programs for local enhancements to the DBMS unique to the needs of Fiscal Service.
- Design, test, and implement software to interface existing applications with the database(s). Advise applications systems developers on how to use database management software.
- Provide 24 hour a day, 7 days a week problems solving response. Provide immediate response for on-line system problems during prime shift. Provide technical expertise to solve mainframe and client/server platform problems. Work with customers, application programmers, and technical support personnel in problem determination and resolution.
- Control and manage data allocation, deletion, backup, and restoration functions using Fiscal Service software packages and mainframe system utilities.