The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
This position is located in CIO Information and Security Services, Division of Middleware/Application Engineering in Parkersburg WV . The IT Specialist manages Fiscal Services mainframe system software, data, and database administration programs through the identification of Fiscal Service-wide data and information requirements and through the design, development, implementation and maintenance of Fiscal Service- wide mainframe software, Direct Access Storage Device (DSAD) software, and DB2/UDB mainframe, client/server, web-enabled database software.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Provides database administration for all Fiscal Service supported databases to include backup, recovery, reorganization, indexing, adhoc data modification, database structure modification, and database monitoring.
- Designs (or leads a team in the design of) the physical database for the overall Fiscal Service database effort. Is responsible for project scheduling, testing, and reporting.
- Provides technical guidance to applications programmers in the use of the mainframe and client/server database management system (DBMS) languages and procedures. Develops and conducts training programs in the database area.
- Develops, writes, and maintains programs for local enhancements to the DBMS unique to the needs of Fiscal Service.
- Designs, tests, and implements software to interface existing applications with the database(s). Advises applications systems developers on how to use database management software.
- Provides 24 hour a day, 7 days a week problems solving response. Provides immediate response for on-line system problems during prime shift. Provides technical expertise to solve mainframe and client/server platform problems. Works with customers, application programmers, and technical support personnel in problem determination and resolution.
- Controls and manages data allocation, deletion, backup, and restoration functions using Fiscal Service software packages and mainframe system utilities.