Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Management, Rockville, Maryland.
Join HHS/FDA/Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) and help make our world healtheir, safer, and better for all Americans. CTP is the newest arm of the FDA. CTP is the principal Federal agency charged to establish tobacco regulations in order to decrease the tremendous toll of diseases, disabiity and death caused by tobacco use in the United States.
Who May Apply: This vacancy is open to current Department of Health and Human Services employees with competitive status and CTAP eligibles in the local commuting area only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 AND CTAP DOCUMENTATION.
- Conducts major and long term studies of the financial management systems and operational plans and budgets.
- Analyzes procedures and instructions to enhance the execution of extramural and operational budgets.
- Develops, analyzes and evaluates budgetary control systems of CTP financial components as well as other funding operations of the Center.
- Reviews and analyzes budget requests submitted by Center organizational components to ensure consistency, accuracy, and adherence to instructions and procedures.
- Advises Center personnel in the development of budget requests and related supporting documents.
- Drafts procedural instructions and policy guidelines for use by Center officials in the analysis and planning of estimating funding needed.
- Analyzes the execution of a budget with many different sources and types of funding such as direct multi-year appropriations, allotments from many different appropriations, and transfers of funds from other agencies.
- Performs the full range of supervisory authorities delegated to include making assignments, planning work, evaluating the work of subordinates, providing advice, counsel, and instruction to employees, and interviewing candidates for positions.