Job Title:Program Assistant - SV-0344-F
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Transportation Security Administration
Job Announcement Number:BOI-13-680707
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, October 02, 2013 to
Tuesday, October 08, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Boise, ID, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Open to all U.S. Citizens.|
Salary range listed includes Locality Pay of 14.16%.
This position is located at Boise Air Terminal/Gowen Field (BOI) in Boise, ID.
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Program Assistant for TSA, you will:
- Provide a range of diverse administrative support assignments that include spending a minimum of 25% of time assisting managers in evaluating programs and their effectiveness in delivering services. You will perform a combination of routine and multiple and varying assignments in support of management efforts to evaluate, administer, and improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity of organizations and programs.
- Provide assistance to a program area which may include finance, human resources, model workplace, scheduling, or other core functional area. Work activities typically support multiple projects/programs and contribute to one or more organizational units and major subdivisions.
- Assist managers and other employees in day-to-day operations of the office.
- Compile, track, and analyze data. Apply analytical techniques and methods to perform a variety of administrative and analytical duties in support of TSA field operations.
- Coordinate the implementation of new office policies and systems and write policy and internal procedural guidance after clarifying applicability of past practice, emerging guidance, and established policies and procedures with seniors or subject-matter experts.
- Interact with internal staff and external customers including managers and employees. Contacts involve exchanging information, tracking status, and coordinating efforts.
- Act as a lead for other support staff to coordinate multiple assignments.
- Prepare complex and sensitive correspondence including evaluation and assessment of the impact of changes to policy, practices, or program characteristics in assigned area.
- Provide advanced computer assistance.
- Undertake complete analytical studies of limited scope under the direction of a senior, supervisor, or manager
- Review work of lower level administrative support staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Schedule meetings including conducting analyses of agenda items and propose recommendations for a range of administrative or program matters for which precedents have been established.
- Provide advice and guidance to employees, timekeepers, supervisors, financial management specialists, and human resource specialists on rules, regulations, and procedures relating to pay, including unusual situations where the guidelines require considerable interpretation and/or research of past precedents. Train staff to enter time-card data. Certify time-cards and corrections each pay period and conduct random audits, to include the most difficult payroll issues.
- Act as a point-of-contact with the National Finance Center (NFC) to resolve employee payroll issues.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for the SV-F Pay Band (equivalent to GS-9-10), you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the SV-E Pay Band or GS-8 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience would include providing a range of diverse administrative support assignments assisting managers in implementing and evaluating the effectiveness of office programs such as human resources, payroll, finance, and procurement. Work would include activities such as analyzing data, preparing correspondence, working with computers, scheduling meetings, providing payroll advice, and tracking the status of work projects.
Note: Credit for experience is given based on a 40-hour workweek. Part-time experience is credited on a part-time ratio, i.e., working 20 hours per week for two months equals one month of experience. No additional credit is given for overtime.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume and supporting documentation. You are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show possession of the competencies required for this position. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and any supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your category placement may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. When completing the assessment questionnaire for this position, you will be prompted to elect if you wish for your application to be considered as External (where Veterans' Preference applies), as Status (current or former Federal Employees), and/or Internal to TSA as a current permanent or competitive temporary employee. At that time, please select the answer(s) that apply to you and your application to this position.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Please Note: All of the following must be received in our office by 11:59 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) on the closing date of this announcement. If we do not receive all required information by the closing date, your application may not be considered.
Your application must include:
2. Self Assessment Questionnaire for this position
3. Applicable supporting documents (see Required Documents Section)
Click the "Apply Online" button below and follow the prompts to apply.
We strongly encourage you to apply online. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the TSA HRAccess Help Desk before the closing of this announcement for alternative options on how to apply. The Help Desk is available by phone at 1-877-872-7990 between the hours of: 7:00AM - 8:00PM ET Monday - Friday, 10:00AM - 3:00PM ET Saturday, or 11:00AM - 4:00PM ET Sunday. If outside these hours, please email your question or concern to Helpdesk@TSA-HRAccess.com or fax 1-877-872-7993.
When contacting the Help Desk please provide your contact information, the Job Announcement Number of the position you are interested in, and your questions or concerns.
In addition to a resume and the assessment questions, you must submit copies of any of the following documents if you are applying based on current or former Federal Government Status (if you are not a current TSA employee), Veterans' Preference, or education or a combination of education and experience:
SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action - Current TSA employees are not required to submit an SF-50 to support eligibility for internal/status consideration.
If you are not a current TSA employee: you must submit your most recent personnel action SF-50 (or equivalent document) to support your eligibility for Status consideration. If you elect Status for the consideration of your application without submitting an SF-50 demonstrating your current or previous permanent Federal employment status, and you are not a current TSA employee, your application may not receive Status consideration.
DD-214 - If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, provide a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy 4) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other appropriate documentation to prove your entitlement and to provide verification of an Honorable Discharge. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 5-point preference.
SF-15 and VA Letter - If you are claiming Veterans' Preference based upon a Compensable Disability, Widow or Spouse Entitlement, or as a Purple Heart recipient, you must submit your DD-214 or other proof of entitlement; an SF-15, and the required proof of disability, i.e., Department of Veterans Affairs letter dated 1991 or later. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 10-point preference.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We will notify you of the outcome of these steps when they have been completed. You may also check your application status by visiting the Candidate Dashboard.