Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As an Interdisciplinary Engineer, in the Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), you will serve on a team that establishes tobacco product regulations designed to decrease the tremendous toll of disease, disability and death caused by tobacco product use in the United States.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This announcement has been amended to extend the closing date.
- Analyzes the adequacy of data and tests submitted by manufacturers regarding the safety and public health impact of regulated products.
- Interprets complex engineering aspects of reports/submissions for tobacco products.
- Reviews study protocols and offer recommendations related to the design.
- Prepares a comprehensive synopsis of reviews of reports/applications with recommendations for revision, acceptance or rejection.
- Compiles data to prepare presentations to support the Centers' recommendations on engineering scientific issues.