This position is located in the Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs (OAPA), Strategic Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Division, and is responsible for continuous interaction with OAPA's divisions on a wide range of programmatic and administrative functions. The incumbent serves as a Program Analyst in the Strategic Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Division. The incumbent provides program assessment and oversight as well as analysis of program operations effectiveness to management. The incumbent also provides reviews and analysis of standards, regulations and policy development.
USAID is an independent Federal Government agency that receives overall foreign policy guidance from the Secretary of State. With headquarters in Washington, D.C., USAID fosters transformational development around the world. Our work supports economic growth and trade; agriculture and the environment; education and training; democracy and governance; global health; global partnerships and humanitarian assistance. We operate in four regions of the world: Sub-Saharan Africa; Asia and the Near East; Latin America and the Caribbean; and Europe and Eurasia. USAID employees in the Civil Service and Foreign Service, as well as individuals employed through Personal Service Contracts, must adhere to our Counter Trafficking in Persons Code of Conduct. For information on the effort to counter all forms of human trafficking, including the procurement of commercial sex acts and the use of forced labor, visit http://www.state.gov/g/tip.
For more information about USAID, visit http://www.usaid.gov.
As a Program Analyst you will:
- Analyze and integrate program financial, technical, procurement, and scheduling information.
- Assist in the development of procedures and systems for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of administrative control systems and line or operating programs.
- Analyze legislation and provide input for updating existing standards, regulations, or policies and develop new proposals to meet Congressional regulatory requests.
- Devise and develop detailed plans, goals, and objectives for the long range implementation and administration of major agency programs.
- Design and develop financial data, statements, and budgetary reports.